Australian Rural Leadership Program
Applications open now
Applications close 31 July 2011
A unique opportunity for selected rural and regional leaders to undertake a program of personal growth and develop the skills, knowledge and networks needed to be effective in regional, state, national and international arenas.
Comprising professional and personal leadership skills development, examination of key national and international issues and interaction with leaders in government, industry and the community.
The Australian Rural Leadership Program (ARLP) prepares these leaders to:
- develop sustainable, competitive and profitable industries, in an international context;
- develop sustainable (economic, social, environmental) communities within rural and regional Australia;
- establish strategic alliances and build strong links within and across industry sectors;
- identify the competing demands for industry, government and the community support;
- identify and analyse the strategic issues affecting the future of rural and regional Australia;
- understand the values, tactics and arguments of interest groups;
- deal confidently with industry, government and community leaders in Australia and overseas; and participate in shaping national policies.
The Program is for the development of the men and women who will lead rural and regional Australia well into the 21st century - men and women with vision and a commitment to shaping the future. It comprises a part-time course of 59 days, conducted over 16 months.
FIND OUT MORE: Please visit the ARLP website for more information at http://www.rural-leaders.com.au/programs/arlp